Role of a Data Scientist
- March 21, 2015
- Posted By : dpsoma
- 0 Comment
- Big Data Analytics
Business Analytics Course
[cs_column column_size=”1/2″][cs_image column_size=”1/1″ image_style=”plain” cs_image_url=”http://www.datapanaceaonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/climbing-the-ladder-370×278.png” cs_image_url1=”Browse”][/cs_image][/cs_column][cs_column column_size=”1/2″]A data scientist is someone who:
- Better at statistics than any other software engineer
- A Data Scientist is unlike an Analyst creates data.
- Scientist who has access to more measurements (data) than ever before
- Converting raw data into pictorial or statistical reports. Then sending reports to the higher level for analysis/predictive and calculative analysis.
- A mix of multiple positions: Data intake, Visualization, Model Creation, Analysis, Data Operations etc
- Develop methodologies and execute on them to expand knowledge.
- Good at analyzing and ability to communicate findings to both business and IT leaders in an influence way.
- Strong business acumen
- Inquisitive in nature
- Technically Sound – R, SAS, python, java, hive/pig/SQL
- Data scientists have to be well versed in regression
- Hands clear on probability, time series, and linear algebra.
- Computer science and applications, modeling, statistics, analytics
[cs_column column_size=”1/2″][rev_slider blog-image][/cs_column][cs_column column_size=”1/2″]Industries Hiring Data Scientist:
- Search engines
- Social networks
- Financial institutions
- The health care
- Engineering companies Oil industry
- Telecom/Mobile analytics
- Marketing agencies
- Data science vendors
- Environment, utilities government and defense
Minimum INR 5 LAC