Role of Retail Sales Analyst
- March 21, 2015
- Posted By : dpsoma
- 0 Comment
[cs_column column_size=”1/2″][cs_image column_size=”1/1″ image_style=”plain” cs_image_url=”http://www.datapanaceaonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Retail-Sales.jpg” cs_image_url1=”Browse”][/cs_image][/cs_column][cs_column column_size=”1/2″]What does a Retail Analyst do?
- The Role of Retail Sales Analyst is to Prepares sales forecasts, researches, collects and analyzes data to evaluate current sales goals and current economic conditions affecting organization’s ability to sell its products or services in the market place.
- The Role of Retail Sales Analyst is to Identifying current sales trends and the prediction of future trend directions
- The Role of Retail Sales Analyst is to Assists in the development of sales quotas and forecasts for the sales team.
- Recommends changes to current sales techniques, procedures or promotional efforts based on market research and new trends.
- Responsible for the smooth flow of goods through a retail outlet which entails monitoring sales, identifying current and future trends, and supervising the outlet’s inventory.
- The analyst typically also serves as the outlet’s liaison with their suppliers and off-site warehouse
- A critical member to whom the rest of the management group looks for guidance on a number of sales and inventory-based issues.
- Day-to-day work load which includes the control of the store’s inventory.
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of the stock-keeping policies and systems that ensure smooth stock movement.
[cs_column column_size=”1/2″][/cs_column][cs_column column_size=”1/2″]Key skills and qualifications of a Retail Analyst
- Strong database development abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An eye for detail
- Proficiency with business software, such as Microsoft’s Excel spreadsheet program
- Statistical software and relational database programs
- Effective reports and presentations skills
Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant financial discipline, business administration, management, accounting, finance, marketing or economics or a relevant professional course into retail analytics.
Like other finance and analysis-related careers, becoming a sales analyst requires a combination of education and business experience.
Median 5.4 Lakhs